One of the quickest pasta sauce recipe if you want it do a quick lunch or dinner. The idea of this recipe is for quick preparation.
For both the can of peeled tomatoes and paste, we have tried various brands but find that Hunt's offer a very subtle flavour as compared to other available brands. If you want to go all Italiano, you can source for Roma tomatoes at your local supermarket.
Once you have prepared the sauce, add the Meatballs that you have made and combine both in the pot. For best results, just half-baked or half-cooked your meatballs before adding them in the pot so that the sauce can finish the cooking process and make your meatballs a notch tastier!
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat
- Sauté the garlic for around 1-2 minutes and then add the onions until both are translucent
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Crush and add the whole peeled tomatoes
- Season with salt and peeper according to taste
- Stir and cook for 30 minutes, longer if you want your sauce to be thicker
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 2 large yellow onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes or 6 large Roma tomatoes
- 6 once of tomato paste
- salt and pepper according to taste