Skirt steak or Hanging Tender has to be one of the toughest cut with a lot of connecting tissue but on the other hand, it is one of the most flavourful. However, cooking is wrong will mean that you will end up with something that it will be too tough to eat.
Since skirt steak is tough, the best way to cook it is very quickly over the hottest grill you can get or if you're choosing it for BBQ, just cook it directly over the charcoal.
One of the most important aspect to serve skirt steak, it must be sliced thinly against the grain. Here's one of our recipes for cooking this fire-cracker;
1. Combine all the brown sugar, vinegar, chili sauce, soy sauce, orange juice and garlic and whisk thoroughly
2. Add the skirt steak, and toss the marinade until all pieces are evenly coated
3. Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature for 10-15mins
4. Grill over stove or charcoal around 4-5 minutes each side
5. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 navel orange juice
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1kg beef skirt / hanging tender
Share and get 15% off!
Simply share this product on one of the following social networks and you will unlock 15% off!